YIPPIE!! Free Dr. Pepper coming soon.. right Chris?

getitfree

I believe this is a national promotion, and not just New York... Althought the coupon will only be available for one day, I think the coupon is good for a few months!!

http://www.csnews.com/csn/cat_managemen ... 1003877665

Dr Pepper Pledges Free Soda For All

NEW YORK -- Earlier this year, Dr Pepper promised to give one can of soda to every American if Guns N' Roses delivered its latest album, "Chinese Democracy," according to Advertising Age.

Considering the album is 17 years in the making, it seemed like a safe bet, but now the album will be released at the end of November, meaning Dr Pepper's promise is coming due, reported Advertising Age.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing at Dr Pepper, said in a statement. "But now that it's here all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

The company plans to give out the soda through a couponing strategy where consumers will need to register at the brand's Web site for a coupon to be redeemed at any retailer selling Dr Pepper, according to the report. These coupons, limited to one per person, will only be available for 24 hours beginning after midnight on Nov. 23.

"To be honest, when I saw it, I thought it was a safe bet," said Patrick West, vice president of experiential marketing at Zoom Media & Marketing, explaining he didn't think the album would actually come out. "I expect they will get a healthy return, in terms of total numbers redeemed. This stunt has a lot of legs behind it. But it's really risky, if only because of the cost of your goods. Obviously that's a bet Dr Pepper is willing to make."

Couponing and sampling experts said that the company could eventually shell out several million dollars in free soda, given the press the challenge has attracted.

twinsmom

I posted this at work.. My comp must have my old name saved..lol! :) You know, since the coupon will be for a single can of Dr. Pepper.. we will probably have to get the soda at a convenience store because the grocery stores don't sell single cans, do they?

register to remove this ad: