Walgreens Black Friday Ad

webhunting.info

think this was on wild for wags:

Theater Pack Candy 2.54 – 7.8oz 2/$1
*$.99 off 3 Mars M&M’s Theater Box, 3.4oz (5388) Dec. Coupon Book
= JUST $.17 EACH & CAN BE USED AS A FILLER!

that's a good deal! they also had taper candles 5/$1 with in-ad q.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
A poster over at WUC said that she was talking with a cashier and that all stores received a memo from corporate that if you want to do more than one transaction you can do so, but apparently you need to go to the end of the line each time. Can anyone confirm this?

I realize some shoppers here have a great relationship with certain wags stores/cashiers/managers and may get preferential treatment (and no have to do this), but I suspect the bulk of us don't. I may have to rethink my plans if this is the case.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
Just in case of multiple transaction denial :kekeke: (or having to go to the end of a long, long line every transaction) ... I have mapped out a 2 transaction day starting out with $10RRs and getting 1 each of the MM items as well as 1 Cottonelle and 1 Scott PT ... and walking out with $15.75 RRs! Woot I am so happy I figured out this mini plan. :wiggle:

webhunting.info

Just in case of multiple transaction denial :kekeke: (or having to go to the end of a long, long line every transaction) ... I have mapped out a 2 transaction day starting out with $10RRs and getting 1 each of the MM items as well as 1 Cottonelle and 1 Scott PT ... and walking out with $15.75 RRs! Woot I am so happy I figured out this mini plan. :wiggle:

:kekeke: that reminds me. i had a $1 off cottonelle wags cat that i meant to ask if you wanted.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
:kekeke: that reminds me. i had a $1 off cottonelle wags cat that i meant to ask if you wanted.

Nope LOL, it will never make it to me by tomorrow to use on Thursday! :kekeke: But you know I thank you for thinking of me! I've got .50 IP for the cottonelle and a $1.50/1 for the Scott PTs. :bigthumb:

webhunting.info

Nope LOL, it will never make it to me by tomorrow to use on Thursday! :kekeke: But you know I thank you for thinking of me! I've got .50 IP for the cottonelle and a $1.50/1 for the Scott PTs. :bigthumb:

well crap. i should have remembered to send it. $1 off and i don't remember what count.

shannonlynn21

I read this on wildforwags.com:

Supposedly you will receive a RR if you use a P & G RR on a P&G product if they are for different amounts. Can anyone confirm or deny?

This was her answer to a question about it:
Yes, if you were using a $3 RR from P&G (since that’s what the Crest gives) you’d have a problem but since all the P&Gs you are paying with are other amounts you’ll be fine

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member

Supposedly you will receive a RR if you use a P & G RR on a P&G product if they are for different amounts. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Yes, if you were using a $3 RR from P&G (since that’s what the Crest gives) you’d have a problem but since all the P&Gs you are paying with are other amounts you’ll be fine

She is wrong. Buying, for example, a P&G product (example Olay BW) with a P&G RR (say from the Secret) will cancel out the RR expected to be produced for the Olay BW, and vice versa. And it has nothing to do with "not same amounts" either ... it is based on manufacturer. However, from time to time certain manufacturer RRs "roll" in which case she would be correct, however, that is not an intended result, and not a rule, but rather it is a fluke and you cannot rely on that because at any given time that fluke gets iron out in the system and is no longer an option.

Since I am mostly considered a CVS shopper over wags, I would hope we hear from one of the regular wags shoppers on this, however, I am 99.999999999% sure that I am correct.

Last edited:

PSBean

not sure if i mind the 1 trans per person, i usually try to check out in cosmetics as they LOVE and NEED the sales and it's not very busy but i try to limit it to 2 transactions if there are others in line behind as i just don't feel it's right to tie up a line so i can do unlimited transactions and then i just go to the back of the line. yes i agree it's a pita but....... jmo, i realize we all want to do a gazillion transactions as i do too but i still think we have to respect that others should be allowed to check out as well, it's only fair to wait ur turn we can't hog registers anymore than we can clear shelves. if i can't go out with patience tomorrow than i need to stay home otherwise i will push people out of my way and just be a total BEACH!!!!!!!! again that was not meant to step on toes just trying to understand the other side where people don't shop like us, with tons of coups and multiple transactions. :hug: plz don't be mad at me for my opinion, it's really not meant from a mean place.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
not sure if i mind the 1 trans per person, i usually try to check out in cosmetics as they LOVE and NEED the sales and it's not very busy but i try to limit it to 2 transactions if there are others in line behind as i just don't feel it's right to tie up a line so i can do unlimited transactions and then i just go to the back of the line. yes i agree it's a pita but....... jmo, i realize we all want to do a gazillion transactions as i do too but i still think we have to respect that others should be allowed to check out as well, it's only fair to wait ur turn we can't hog registers anymore than we can clear shelves. if i can't go out with patience tomorrow than i need to stay home otherwise i will push people out of my way and just be a total BEACH!!!!!!!! again that was not meant to step on toes just trying to understand the other side where people don't shop like us, with tons of coups and multiple transactions. :hug: plz don't be mad at me for my opinion, it's really not meant from a mean place.

:wavey: I'm sure this was intended for me since I am the only one chatting on here about doing multiple transactions, but nobody needs to talk to me about register hogging ... on any given day at either WAGS or CVS or any store for that matter, if I am doing multi transaction I step aside and let other customers go ahead (whether it be just one customer behind me or ten), this is who I am ... just view the security tapes :kekeke: ... you will find me stepping aside, stepping aside and stepping aside again and again all while hubby sits in the car and wonders what the heck is taking me so long :kekeke:. Down south, at least here in rural southern illinois, we live by different rules than most populated regions (hustle and bustle) ... we are in no hurry to get nowhere fast, and caring and respectful of our neighbors (aka fellow shoppers). I suppose in all my babbling what I was trying to get at (at least as far as myself for thanksgiving day) was that stepping aside (or by store rules of go to the back of the line) to do multi transactions on thanksgiving day is not going to be an option - the lines are long and do not flow as smoothly as everyday shopping. While I admit, my first thoughts were I am going to want to do all my transactions at one time on Thanksgiving merely because of the long lines, however when reality set in and I realized what I was saying ... I shifted my attention to a realistic 2 transaction plan. I don't want to spend anymore than 1 hour in the store ... 1/2 hr to gather my goodies and 1/2 hr in line (which is how long I waited last year and I was only about 5th in line). BTW, I don't think your stepping on any toes ... it is good to point these things out ... from time to time we all need a reality check. :h5: :xmasgrin:

PSBean

omg, christina i thought i put ur name in that as well, cuz after reading ur comment that's what i was thinking. i was typing faster than my thoughts. not that it was just directed at you but merely a response to ur post. :kiss: as i don't think i have EVER read that you or many others are register hogs. i was so glad to continue reading to find out that you were not sending me daggers thru ur monitor!!! whewww!!! as i really was not trying to impose my opinion but like you said it was just meant as a friendly reminder that while it is a pita we still have to mind our manners. even tho, i really wanna shelf clear. cuz man, that first come first served is really weighing down hard on me right now,, especially after web posted that new olay rebate yesterday. as i will be ready with coups and trans in hand for cvs (hopefully tonight if they switch their ad) and wags tomorrow in my car in the parking lot waiting for the doors to open. man i got probs, i am going out with my bro and sis, cuz it's IS the biggest drinking night of the year, to hang out at a local bar with all the college kids. hoping to get cvs in tonight and wags tomorrow and in between i may just drink but not too much as i have to have a clear head for tomorrow, i can't be running to the porceline god, somebody might take my cart or god forbid my coupons!!!!!! :doh: :run:

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
Oh my gosh I am laughing so loud here!! LOL, daggers? naw I am not allowed to posses any weapons :eek3: ... ok I am just kidding, I made that up! :rofl: Now I am really intrigued by you and look forward to a thread the day after thanksgiving called: Thanksgiving Adventures of PSBean!! :bigthumb:

I wish I could do CVS tonight, I will be thinking of all you midnight shoppers, but the closest 24/7 store is an hour away. Boooo! But what I do have going for me is that the town that I will go to has CVS and WAGs just about 2 blocks away from each other ... so will do CVS at 8 and then go wait in line at WAGs for 9. Last year I did the same thing and I was only about 15th in line at WAGS, not that that really mattered, plenty of stuff to go around for all.

shannonlynn21

She is wrong. Buying, for example, a P&G product (example Olay BW) with a P&G RR (say from the Secret) will cancel out the RR expected to be produced for the Olay BW, and vice versa. And it has nothing to do with "not same amounts" either ... it is based on manufacturer. However, from time to time certain manufacturer RRs "roll" in which case she would be correct, however, that is not an intended result, and not a rule, but rather it is a fluke and you cannot rely on that because at any given time that fluke gets iron out in the system and is no longer an option.

Since I am mostly considered a CVS shopper over wags, I would hope we hear from one of the regular wags shoppers on this, however, I am 99.999999999% sure that I am correct.

I, as well, always thought it was the manufacturer, not the amount. The girl that runs WILDFORWAGS wrote that I believe. I've been doing wags for over a year now, and I was thinking it didnt sound right but I wanted to check with you guys.

thanks for replying Christina.

shannonlynn21

I just checked again....this is her exact quote from the girl that runs the site.
Question and answer:

November 23rd, 2010 at 10:58 pm
One More Question,
If I have jingle cash from P & G for the Olay deal, can I use it with the Herbal Essence and still get the Herbal Essesnce RR or Jingle Cash. I am using the Olay Jingle Cash will prohibit a Jingle Cash for the Herbal Essence??? ANybody know???

22Christie
November 23rd, 2010 at 11:16 pm
Since the Olay is $1 and the Herbal Essence is $1.50 you should be ok!

webhunting.info

I, as well, always thought it was the manufacturer, not the amount. The girl that runs WILDFORWAGS wrote that I believe. I've been doing wags for over a year now, and I was thinking it didnt sound right but I wanted to check with you guys.

thanks for replying Christina.

no, no! if they are different amounts (the RR) YES they will print and you can use the same manufacturer. the catalina company will tell you this - they told me that and i have tried it several times. the register only gets confused when it is same manufacturer and same amount of RR.

christina, i finally realized that (duh) a new ad isn't coming out. and they did this one differently with the ivc's. so if you want to print, click on the ivc and then right-click and hit "print picture". i stopped printing ivc's ages ago because they didn't scan well. but it will give you the code that they can punch in the register.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
Here is my two transaction plan - what do you all think? Does it seem kosher?

I am starting with $10 RRs ($5 P&G, $5 non P&G):

T1:

1.99 Nivea Men (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
1.99 Colgate total (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
.99 Bic Disposable Razors (2.99-1.00Q) get 2RR
2.24 Centrum (3.24-1.00Q) get 3.25RR EDIT: (should be 4.24 or 3.24 after coupon)
1.49 Thermacare (2.49-1.00Q) get 2.50RR
.99 Right Guard (2.99-2.00Q) get 2.00RR
.44 7UP (.99-.55Q) get 1.00 RR
filler (cheap)
filler (cheap)
10.13 OOP +tax (pay with $10RRs) = EARN 16.75 RRs

T2:

.99 Olay BW (6.98 [comb. w/secret]-5.00Q) get 3.50 RR
.99 Secret Scent get 3.50 RR
1.99 Crest (2.99-1.00Q) get 3.00RR
3.49 Cottonelle 12pk (3.99-.50Q) NO RR
2.49 Scott Paper towels (3.99-1.50Q) NO RR
3 fillers (cheap) [edit from 6 fillers to 4, then 4 to 3 LOL]
9.95 OOP + tax (pay with (2) $3 RRs & (2) $2 RRs) = EARN 10.00 RRs

RRs still have from T1: $6.75
Earn RRs from T2: $10.00

:bigthumb:

Last edited:

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
no, no! if they are different amounts (the RR) YES they will print and you can use the same manufacturer. the catalina company will tell you this - they told me that and i have tried it several times. the register only gets confused when it is same manufacturer and same amount of RR.

Well see, I learned something new today. I had no idea. But I am glad that you posted about this because I was hoping a WAGS regular would chime in and set us straight! Now that I know this is the case, I will probably not change my planning any ... there are just too many particulars already in place when shopping wags that I don't need to add one more factor into my already overloaded scenario brain!!

christina, i finally realized that (duh) a new ad isn't coming out. and they did this one differently with the ivc's. so if you want to print, click on the ivc and then right-click and hit "print picture". i stopped printing ivc's ages ago because they didn't scan well. but it will give you the code that they can punch in the register.

Thanks Alice!!

Lesson learned here ... if a person thinks they are only 99.999% right, wait for the experts to chime in! :bigthumb:

register to remove this ad: