Free $10 Newport News Merchandise Certificate

sarahjane0721

If they charge my mom's card anymore then the 3.92 my total was they will be sorry. They will be contacted by the BBB. And by me and it will not be pretty. They can not charge you more after they sent u a conformation of the total at 3.92. Thats the law. I will have some words with them. I am not very happt with this situation.

tiggerchick

Resident House Cat
I would definitely file a report with BBB. That's bull that they are screwing all of you over. Maybe if all of you file a report then maybe they will change their business practices.

yousaidfree

I used a prepaid card as well

Shape fx® Control top floral-pattern pantyhose BLACK M 1 $4.99 $4.99

Merchandise Total: $4.99
Shipping: $4.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Handling: $1.95
Gift Certificate Total: ($10.00)
Grand Total: $1.92

I also used a prepaid card. I guess they can charge my prepaid card. I don't care, because it expires tomorrow and it's only $4.72 on there anyway. I also used my maiden name and I don't use it anymore, so if they send a bill, I'm not paying it.

Last edited:

Texastweetrr

Be sure and have the code on hand when you call. This is the 2nd time I am calling. The first time they told me they would take care of it BUT after calling - They have no record of me calling before. Maybe in this case it is all about " Luck " Ya think? They do give you the run around. Don't know why they think I would spend money with their company if they can't even do this right. They are taking my information and forwarding it on to the accounting office. I am thinking that means, I will need to place another phone call after awhile. Also, they seem to keep your phone number on file. The reason I say that is because I had to call back after I could not find the code at first and the lady asked why I had called and I told her and then she refereed to me by my name before I gave her any personal info. So if you don't want to be on hold like I was then block your number. Hope it goes better for yall.

sarahjane0721

They charged my moms card 8.96. They didnt have the top to the swim suit I order nor did they call or email me that. I had to call and see what was up. They said there was no code when I submitted my order I told them oh yes there was and Forwarded them email I got saying my total to be 3.92. They then began to go on about some noscensse and stated that it was miss communication. I was told if I did not want the merchandise and did not want to pay the 6.99 return fee to just refuse the package entirely and have it send back. Then they would credit my account. NEVER going through this company again and I told the Customer Service Rep that and said what a horrible experience this has been. And she offered me 20% off my next order. I said there will be no next order I am done with your Comapny!

Aamaraa

After getting the run around- I just ended up reporting a dispute with my bank. That way the bank was on the line when the company was contacted. They finally said they would put a reversal on the charge within a week. They have a really bad system for internet ordering- the customer service rep told me that when you place an order online that you get a confermation of what you did, but your account is not actualy opened or looked at- so any promo codes are pending and are not nessesaraly going to apply to the item that you purchased.

sarahjane0721

I recived my package today and refused it on the spot. I am done with Newport News!!!! I am so disgusted with how there company works.

Angie08

:mad:So Sorry for what happened to you girls!! that is very sucky and that company really needs someone to stop them from making scams with innocent people!!

we3kings

relentless member
They sent me a order confirmation for $0 then when they sent the shipment notice it said $8.93 on my credit card. I called and talked to a cust service rep and he said I'll have them e-mail you about it. I waited a day and when they didn't send me one, I sent them a e-mail about it. No response. So I called again today, and this cust service rep said there was not any notation about it there, and "oh it can take 72 hours for them to respond." Yea right, my @ss! If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'll call again. If they continue to give me the runaround, I'll contact my credit card company and tell them I have a dispute. :mad: I'll never make the mistake of using my credit card again, in a situation like this one.

Update-

I gave them more time to respond, which they didn't so I e-mailed them back. A day later they e-mailed me back saying we need more info. So I e-mailed the info to them. I got a message back from google that they were not accepting my e-mails. Three days of them trying to send it, and it being blocked. OK. Fine you wanna play like that, huh? I called my credit card company and told them what happened. They said they would contact them and send me a letter within 30 days. Well today Newport News "magically" found my original e-mail to them and said sorry, they would take it off my account. I got a letter from my credit card company saying it had been resolved.

WooHoo- I WON!!! :jump:

Amoeba

Update-

I gave them more time to respond, which they didn't so I e-mailed them back. A day later they e-mailed me back saying we need more info. So I e-mailed the info to them. I got a message back from google that they were not accepting my e-mails. Three days of them trying to send it, and it being blocked. OK. Fine you wanna play like that, huh? I called my credit card company and told them what happened. They said they would contact them and send me a letter within 30 days. Well today Newport News "magically" found my original e-mail to them and said sorry, they would take it off my account. I got a letter from my credit card company saying it had been resolved.

Oh my god, that is RIDICULOUS. I can not in my rightful mind understand that a company BLOCKED one of their customers...that is f-ing ridiculous.

Kimmi

Hey Guys,
I got charged the extra $10 too. Called them and have never heard back. I just sent them this email with the original invoice attached.

Below is the original confirmation I received. You charged my bank card $10 more than that.
I called your customer service and was told I would hear back within 72 hours. That was way more than 72 hours ago.
My bank is very good at handling problems like this. I would like the $10 dollar overcharge credited back to my bank account immediately or I will call my bank and have them deal with it, at the same time I will file a complaint with the BBB. An order going through for one price and being charged at another is called internet fraud.

I will let all of you know what happens. I always search for discount codes before ordering from any company online. If they are invalid or expired then they don't go through. These people need to fix that.

Kimmi

Kim

bella

Here's their reply to my complaint. I don't know whether it's because I've ordered from them before or because I mentioned the BBB in my email, but they were pretty quick with this:

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

At the time the order was placed an error occurred. We are aware of this situation and are currently working to have this matter resolved as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

We want to take this opportunity to let you know that we credited your account in the amount of $10.00 . A credit will be issued to your credit card account. Please allow up to 10 business days for the credit to reach your card and up to two billing cycles to appear.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and one of our Internet Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you or visit us on the web at http://www.newportnews.com.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

copycat215

That's the same thing that happened with me,they refunded my money after I contacted my credit card company lol, bunch of thieves, I still went ahead and got a new debit card, Felt uneasy after that bullsh*t they pulled.

Update-

Texastweetrr

I tried to e-mail the company Monday 2 different ways. Using the e-mail supplied and going thru the site, both were returned. So I called and I am sure spoke to the same guy I have spoken to before and he said, there was no reference to me calling the 3 other times. So Tuesday I called the credit card company and will get it resolved that way. I suggest everyone contact the BBB, I did. You can do it online and it is easy.
Good Luck!

Kimmi

After the email I sent I never did get a response but I see that the $10 was returned to my bank account today.

Texastweetrr

Hey, just checked with the credit card company and the $10 was refunded. But I sure won't ever order from them again, no matter.

we3kings

relentless member
I tried to e-mail the company Monday 2 different ways. Using the e-mail supplied and going thru the site, both were returned. So I called and I am sure spoke to the same guy I have spoken to before and he said, there was no reference to me calling the 3 other times. So Tuesday I called the credit card company and will get it resolved that way. I suggest everyone contact the BBB, I did. You can do it online and it is easy.
Good Luck!

Hey, just checked with the credit card company and the $10 was refunded. But I sure won't ever order from them again, no matter.

The same thing happened to me. I agree never from them again. I've never had to go to such a hassle to get something resolved before. It almost makes me wonder whether or not the person who posted this, works for them, to try and get suckers like us, to sign up for this. :dunno:

register to remove this ad: