Mail Offer for Marlboro Free Keychain - Clues 1-5

kresin

Texas Bounty Hunter
I just got this in the mail regarding the Marlboro "Outwit the West" promotion that starts October 4th.

You have to figure out the answers to the ten clues. Then call 1-866-468-8948 and give them the answer (and likely your customer number on the mailer) for a free keychain. The mailer states that "free gift offer not associated with official online promotion." However, I did sign up for the online promotion so that may be why I received the mailer in the first place.

**The answers to the first nine clues are actually given in the mailer but NOT the answer to clue #10.

Clue #10. Two pair, one legend. Who made the hand famous?

A. Wild Bill Hickok B. Calamity Jane C. Bat Masterston D. Butch Cassidy

Last edited:

kresin

Texas Bounty Hunter
Answer to Marlboro Clue #10

I did some research and the answer to Marlboro Clue #10 is (A) Wild Bill Hickok.

"The pair they're referring to is the Aces and 8's. Legend has it this was the hand Wild Bill Hickock was holding when he was shot."

I called the phone number 1-866-468-8948 and answered the automated questions. I did have to give the nine digit customer number that's printed on my mailer. Then my address was confirmed and finally...

"Congratulations, you won the Marlboro gold key chain. Please allow 14-16 weeks for shipment."

Last edited:

Scubabobby

Got that same mailer but the phone number to call was different than the one kresin posted-1-866-468-8948 have tried both numbers and it will not go through.

kresin

Texas Bounty Hunter
I just got the Marlboro mailer yesterday. It was actually addressed to my husband whom I registered as captain of my Outwit the West team. (I didn't receive a mailer addressed to me yet.)

It's a very thick and glossy mailer with a small booklet containing the ten clues. It says Outwit the West on the front.

kresin

Texas Bounty Hunter
Got that same mailer but the phone number to call was different than the one kresin posted-1-866-468-8948 have tried both numbers and it will not go through.

I checked the phone number on the mailer again, and it is "1-866-468-8948."

Sorry for the mistyping. I was so excited about a free key chain. :rofl:

It shouldn't matter but I did call from my home phone since I used my real home phone number to register for Marlboro. I tried calling the above number again this afternoon and it works fine. Don't know why it won't go through for you.

Last edited:
register to remove this ad: