Walgreens Black Friday Ad

webhunting.info

Here is my two transaction plan - what do you all think? Does it seem kosher?

I am starting with $10 RRs ($5 P&G, $5 non P&G):

T1:

1.99 Nivea Men (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
1.99 Colgate total (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
.99 Bic Disposable Razors (2.99-1.00Q) get 2RR
2.24 Centrum (3.24-1.00Q) get 3.25RR
1.49 Thermacare (2.49-1.00Q) get 2.50RR
.99 Right Guard (2.99-2.00Q) get 2.00RR
.44 7UP (.99-.55Q) get 1.00 RR
filler (cheap)
filler (cheap)
10.13 OOP +tax (pay with $10RRs) = EARN 16.75 RRs

T2:

.99 Olay BW (6.98 [comb. w/secret]-5.00Q) get 3.50 RR
.99 Secret Scent get 3.50 RR
1.99 Crest (2.99-1.00Q) get 3.00RR
3.49 Cottonelle 12pk (3.99-.50Q) NO RR
2.49 Scott Paper towels (3.99-1.50Q) NO RR
6 fillers (cheap)
9.95 OOP + tax (pay with (2) $3 RRs & (2) $2 RRs)

RRs still have from T1: $6.75
Earn RRs from T2: $10.00

:bigthumb:

i'm not much of a roller as you know by my posts. you have six fillers in the second transaction and were only using four RR's. so maybe you only need four fillers? i often have an exact coupon/item ratio and handing the RR last (so i don't have to use RR if i don't have to) often makes the register beep. so i tell the cashier to unscan a coupon, scan an RR and re-scan the coupon. somehow my register often likes that better. but i learned the hard way not to give RR first in case it's money you didn't really need to spend (overage on something i didn't expect or whatever). as to the rest of it...i'm lousy with who makes what! (manufacturer) - but, if you throw in extra fillers what the heck. it makes the register happier!

Lesson learned here ... if a person thinks they are only 99.999% right, wait for the experts to chime in! :bigthumb:

oh hell i'm no expert! wildforwags is though. i just ended up asking catalina one day and i know i've also done this by mistake a few times and it worked out well! :)

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
i'm not much of a roller as you know by my posts. you have six fillers in the second transaction and were only using four RR's. so maybe you only need four fillers? i often have an exact coupon/item ratio and handing the RR last (so i don't have to use RR if i don't have to) often makes the register beep. so i tell the cashier to unscan a coupon, scan an RR and re-scan the coupon. somehow my register often likes that better. but i learned the hard way not to give RR first in case it's money you didn't really need to spend (overage on something i didn't expect or whatever). as to the rest of it...i'm lousy with who makes what! (manufacturer) - but, if you throw in extra fillers what the heck. it makes the register happier!....

Yes, you are right! Thanks. I just did a recount of RRs & mfr Qs.

Wait maybe I only need 3 LOL LOL ... I am going batty here!!

Last edited:

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
Yes, you are right! Thanks. I just did a recount of RRs & mfr Qs.

Wait maybe I only need 3 LOL LOL ... I am going batty here!!

Ok paying with 4 RRs + using 4 mfr Qs = 8 item total
purchasing 5 items so only need 3 fillers :h5:

I think I have that right now ... oh gosh, I think I need to give wags a rest and try and figure out my CVS plans now ... I better go make a pie and then do CVS, oh my poor brain ... this figuring out stuff is not easy on someone who is NOT mathmatically inclined ... yep, I'm a math dum dum.

webhunting.info

Ok paying with 4 RRs + using 4 mfr Qs = 8 item total
purchasing 5 items so only need 3 fillers :h5:

I think I have that right now ... oh gosh, I think I need to give wags a rest and try and figure out my CVS plans now ... I better go make a pie and then do CVS, oh my poor brain ... this figuring out stuff is not easy on someone who is NOT mathmatically inclined ... yep, I'm a math dum dum.

yeah, you're right. you weren't using a q on the secret. i only sent you one, maybe you used it already. i used all the rest of mine last week.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
yeah, you're right. you weren't using a q on the secret. i only sent you one, maybe you used it already. i used all the rest of mine last week.

Actually, I am using it. Hubby is going with me and we are both planning on doing the same transactions so only one coupon between the two of us. I will figure it into the other transaction.

Thanks Christina! I think I'll get two of them if they are still there.

I think last year they had this same deal?, or maybe just super cheap sale price on one?, but I do recall the snuggies being scooped up so be sure to get there early. :bigthumb:

Last edited:

Mandy83

I think last year they had this same deal?, or maybe just super cheap sale price on one?, but I do recall the snuggies being scooped up so be sure to get their early. :bigthumb:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be at walgreen at 830 waiting for the doors to open! Then I'm going to the one in the next town over lol. Good luck to you!

webhunting.info

Here is my two transaction plan - what do you all think? Does it seem kosher?

I am starting with $10 RRs ($5 P&G, $5 non P&G):

T1:

1.99 Nivea Men (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
1.99 Colgate total (2.99-1.00Q) get 3RR
.99 Bic Disposable Razors (2.99-1.00Q) get 2RR
2.24 Centrum (3.24-1.00Q) get 3.25RR
1.49 Thermacare (2.49-1.00Q) get 2.50RR
.99 Right Guard (2.99-2.00Q) get 2.00RR
.44 7UP (.99-.55Q) get 1.00 RR
filler (cheap)
filler (cheap)
10.13 OOP +tax (pay with $10RRs) = EARN 16.75 RRs

T2:

.99 Olay BW (6.98 [comb. w/secret]-5.00Q) get 3.50 RR
.99 Secret Scent get 3.50 RR
1.99 Crest (2.99-1.00Q) get 3.00RR
3.49 Cottonelle 12pk (3.99-.50Q) NO RR
2.49 Scott Paper towels (3.99-1.50Q) NO RR
3 fillers (cheap) [edit from 6 fillers to 4, then 4 to 3 LOL]
9.95 OOP + tax (pay with (2) $3 RRs & (2) $2 RRs) = EARN 10.00 RRs

RRs still have from T1: $6.75
Earn RRs from T2: $10.00

:bigthumb:

i see one more thing. the secret above listed at .99 and should say $3.49?

Secret Scent Expressions Body Splash, $3.49; Buy 1, Get $3.49 in Jingle Cash
FREE after Jingle Cash

oh...and my cottonelle $1 off was for the 12 pack. you didn't need it anyway. :)

Last edited:

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
i see one more thing. the secret above listed at .99 and should say $3.49?

Secret Scent Expressions Body Splash, $3.49; Buy 1, Get $3.49 in Jingle Cash
FREE after Jingle Cash

oh...and my cottonelle $1 off was for the 12 pack. you didn't need it anyway. :)

The prices I have listed first are the cost after coupon.

So Olay BW 3.49 + Secret Scent 3.49 = 6.98 - $5 Q = 1.98 (or .99 each). :bigthumb:

I did notice that I am $1.00 off the price on the centrum and will end up paying an extra $1 OOP for that. Should be 4.24 or 3.24 after coupon. I did too much work on this and decided not to rework it all just for that $1 LOL.

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
Thanks for setting us straight. You learn something new everyday apparently.

Its funny because I have been doing this for 2 years (although not as heavy as CVS) and it now appears that the way I was taught was wrong. It seems like a lot of people were taught incorrectly. *sigh* it is good to know from this point forward though.

webhunting.info

The prices I have listed first are the cost after coupon.

So Olay BW 3.49 + Secret Scent 3.49 = 6.98 - $5 Q = 1.98 (or .99 each). :bigthumb:

I did notice that I am $1.00 off the price on the centrum and will end up paying an extra $1 OOP for that. Should be 4.24 or 3.24 after coupon. I did too much work on this and decided not to rework it all just for that $1 LOL.

oh i see! i just can't do all that calculating. i'd lose what little of my mind i have left. :kekeke: (plus you never find enough stock at my store)

Christina

Wildlife Loving Member
I am going to the same WAGS I went to last black friday ("thanksgiving day") and they had stock out the wazooo! Now on a regular average shopping week, no.

register to remove this ad: