Tech issues: Could we sticky a thread?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by laurelnev, Dec 13, 2011.

1. laurelnev

laurelnev Member

Folks seem to ask a lot of tech questions, especially in the OT forum, and the same themes come up over and over. I was wondering if perhaps we could sticky a thread? I'd volunteer to write a "first steps" type of post.

2. webhunting.info

webhunting.info Moderator

do you want to bump a thread for me to sticky? or start a new one, i guess.

3. laurelnev

laurelnev Member

Let me start a new one, with some general guidelines. If it's okay, go ahead and sticky it. If it's not, delete it and PM me, and we'll talk abut how to make it right...sound like a plan?

(Off to start a thread in the OT section...)

4. DHSmitty55

DHSmitty55 New Member

Please dont tell people to try cclear..!!! I trusted you on this and it .. it did say free so I downloaded it and like others . not free. and it toke over my computer .. so for the last two hours been trying to get it out .. and its tool bar..(which I said no to) .. and now all my google is gone!! and I cannt get it back my computer the way it was.. :uh:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  5. laurelnev

laurelnev Member

Personally, I have never heard of cclear. I highly and regularly recommend ccleaner, and have been using it for YEARS. If you downloaded something called cclear, you may very well have gotten yourself some rogueware.

CCleaner does NOT take over a computer, does not run in the background, and works very well. It requires nothing beyond the windows uninstaller to remove. Last I checked, it DID offer to install chrome, but that offer is easily declined by unchecking a box. Chrome does not take over a computer either and is, in fact, the most recommended browser for older XP machines.