Free White Cane for the Blind

Jadedmonkey

it seems legit key i do not see what is wrong

I think that is kinda the point....It is a freebie for the "BLIND", so unless you are blind they why would you want to take one? I think this should be left in stock for those who really need a cane. I would be afraid karma would get me......

Dewdrop01

I think that is kinda the point....It is a freebie for the "BLIND", so unless you are blind they why would you want to take one? I think this should be left in stock for those who really need a cane. I would be afraid karma would get me......

Ditto that. Even though I AM legally blind. I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole.

Granted SOME may have completely blind friends/family members. This seems to be a part of an organization that they would already be aware of.

laurelnev

well i signed up i am not afraid of karma it already victemized me

If you're signing up for free white canes, I can understand why. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.

There are MANY programs offering free equipment, such as white canes, for people who are blind, as things are always more expensive for the sight impaired (although technology is starting to change that, somewhat.) A white cane is imperative, as it legally identifies an individual as someone who cannot see, and is therefore entitled to certain accommodations under the law. For example, in many states, all someone has to do is hold a white cane out in traffic, and cars are required to stop (google "white cane awareness day" for more details.) In many states it is an arrestable offense to impersonate a blind person. So if you're NOT legally blind, I'd think twice about actually doing anything with that white cane other than donating it to a church or senior center to be used by someone LEGALLY entitled to use it. And if you're not legally entitled to use a white cane, and you request one just because it is free, that's one less to be distributed to a person who really needs it.

Remember...using a white cane when you're NOT legally blind is not only morally wrong, but it's also a felony in many states. There may be a REAL high price tag associated with this "freebie"!

jammom

And if you're not legally entitled to use a white cane, and you request one just because it is free, that's one less to be distributed to a person who really needs it.

Amen-

register to remove this ad: