FREE Children's Book on Amazon from Feb 8-10

EJLavine

attachment.php

Snuffy and Vroom-Vroom

The Story of the Book

by Elizabeth Lavine

A few years ago, I spent an entire day in a garage-turned-playroom with a small child. I had agreed to amuse her, entertain her, babysit her while her parents were both ill with the flu. What did she want to play? Dress up? Dolls? Coloring books? Paints? No—she wanted stories—not stories from books, but made-up stories. She sat on my lap and pointed to one object after another, each time saying, “Tell me a story about that.”

I told stories about ping pong balls, a mini-trampoline, a little pink bicycle, a box of computer mice, a lemon tree and a clay pot full of wooden spoons. Finally, she pointed to a vacuum cleaner standing in a corner, broken and waiting to be repaired. “Poor little vacuum cleaner,” she said. “He’s lonely all by himself.”

I wondered--perhaps he was lonely. But how could he find a life rich in friendship and good cheer again, as his life must once have been? Who or what would inspire him and re-kindle his natural love of life and self-esteem?

As I began telling the story, what had really happened to the vacuum cleaner—and what WOULD happen—revealed itself in my consciousness, clear as a bell; the story of a little vacuum cleaner, who performs one selfless act of redemption—and who’s life turns instantly magical.

I offer this story to you for your enjoyment in the hopes it will amuse and inspire you as much as it has me and many others, from 3-year-old children to grumpy old men. You may smile, laugh or cry—but without doubt, you will be touched.

Please check out my book on Amazon to know more.

register to remove this ad: