9" Silicone Cake Pan $5/FS

laurelnev

I bought this very item a few months ago, and these silicone pans are great! If you miss this today, go to the Chicago Liquidators website. They regularly have these at that price there (and in their ebay store.) They also have the pan liners, bundt pans, etc. similarly cheap.

webhunting.info

I bought this very item a few months ago, and these silicone pans are great! If you miss this today, go to the Chicago Liquidators website. They regularly have these at that price there (and in their ebay store.) They also have the pan liners, bundt pans, etc. similarly cheap.

i hear these are great for making cake in the microwave. quickly! does chicago liquidators always offer free shipping?

laurelnev

I THINK they offer free shipping through their website. They also run a daily deal site w/ free shipping. I have only purchased through their ebay once, and I got free shipping on that item. I bought three of the silicone tray liners from their store, and got free shipping on those.

The silicone bakeware is fantastic in the oven (up to like 500 degrees) and in the microwave. I have the cupcake liners, and they are the ONLY thing I use for popovers so they do not adhere to the cup. They are a little flimsier than glass, though, so if you're using it for an actual cake, I suggest putting the silicone pan into a glass pie pan. (I put the cupcake liners on a baking sheet.) But NOTHING sticks to these suckers!

webhunting.info

putting it in glass is a GREAT idea! hadn't thought of that and yeah, they are hard to deal with sometimes. none of what i have is small enough to fit in my microwave except maybe some mini loaf pans that i forgot i even had. i like anything that doesn't require the oven and heating up the house!

laurelnev

Try Chocolate cake in a mug

This is a great recipe for folks looking for microwave cakes w/o special pans...but it comes out of the silicone MUCH easier than the mug<g>.

One other reason to put the silicone bakeware in/on something: because of it's nonstick properties, silicone is hard to grab a hold of, especially when it's coming out of a 450 degree oven. It's MUCH easier to get a grip on a holder pan when trying to take it OUT of the oven than it is to try to grip silicone.

I'm in SW FL where there was a heat index of 104 today, and it was even too hot to go to the beach. We HATE using ovens in the Summer!

register to remove this ad: