Free Stuff Times Forums  

Go Back   Free Stuff Times Forums > General Discussion > Site Suggestions

Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
laurelnev

laurelnev will become famous soon enoughlaurelnev will become famous soon enough
Default Tech issues: Could we sticky a thread?

Folks seem to ask a lot of tech questions, especially in the OT forum, and the same themes come up over and over. I was wondering if perhaps we could sticky a thread? I'd volunteer to write a "first steps" type of post.
laurelnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
webhunting.info

webhunting.info has a spectacular aura aboutwebhunting.info has a spectacular aura about

do you want to bump a thread for me to sticky? or start a new one, i guess.
webhunting.info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
laurelnev

laurelnev will become famous soon enoughlaurelnev will become famous soon enough

Let me start a new one, with some general guidelines. If it's okay, go ahead and sticky it. If it's not, delete it and PM me, and we'll talk abut how to make it right...sound like a plan?

(Off to start a thread in the OT section...)
Old 04-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
DHSmitty55

DHSmitty55 is on a distinguished road

Please dont tell people to try cclear..!!! I trusted you on this and it .. it did say free so I downloaded it and like others . not free. and it toke over my computer .. so for the last two hours been trying to get it out .. and its tool bar..(which I said no to) .. and now all my google is gone!! and I cannt get it back my computer the way it was..

Last edited by DHSmitty55; 04-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.
DHSmitty55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
laurelnev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSmitty55 View Post
Please dont tell people to try cclear..!!! I trusted you on this and it .. it did say free so I downloaded it and like others . not free. and it toke over my computer .. so for the last two hours been trying to get it out .. and its tool bar..(which I said no to) .. and now all my google is gone!! and I cannt get it back my computer the way it was.. !!!!!Q!! so time to run a way?? after you told people to mess up there computers?? whell thank you a lot never leson to you again..
Personally, I have never heard of cclear. I highly and regularly recommend ccleaner, and have been using it for YEARS. If you downloaded something called cclear, you may very well have gotten yourself some rogueware.

CCleaner does NOT take over a computer, does not run in the background, and works very well. It requires nothing beyond the windows uninstaller to remove. Last I checked, it DID offer to install chrome, but that offer is easily declined by unchecking a box. Chrome does not take over a computer either and is, in fact, the most recommended browser for older XP machines.